Working on a large enterprise Federal Government client, you will be responsible for the maintenance and support of a major Oracle or SQL environment. You will be assisting with database, capacity, availability, storage and performance of the environment. You will ensure that all issues are resolved within SLA timeframes and delivery schedules.
• Assisting database, capacity, availability, storage and performance teams in identifying issues and assisting with resolution
• Working with the infrastructure, storage, performance, capacity and availability teams to understand on-going projects and impacts to the system.
• Interpreting performance related data in determining the health of a system
• Ability to interpret performance data and identify areas of potential failure
• Utilise a range of tools to monitor system and application performance
• Interpreting technical documentation and understanding database environments and databases
• Assisting with change implementations and incident resolution
• Reviewing changes and their impacts to the environment
• Executing database backups and data recovery when required
• Assisting with DBMS SW implementations, upgrades and patching
• Proactively anticipate, identify and resolve issues
• Identify where performance improvement can be initiated
• Assist with performance report generation
• Utilise and enhance best practices and adopt ITIL processes when resolving issues and implementing changes.
• Update and maintain system documentation for the purpose of recovery and issue resolution
Essential Skill/Experience Requirements
• 5 + years Oracle or SQL DBA experience
• Current Baseline or NV1 clearance (mandatory)
• SQL or Oracle System performance tuning & recovery experience
• Strong SQL/Oracle diagnostics and debugging skills
You must be available to commence work immediately or within 2 weeks.
Please note: only suitable applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.